- ICH GCP and ICH GCP R2 Addendum
- EU Directives (2001 and 2005)
- Dutch legislation: Medical Research Involving Human Subjects Act (WMO), WGBO, and Wet BIG
- Roles in clinical research
- Abbreviations and terminology
- Review procedures ethics committee and the competent authority
- IEC submission requirements, timelines, and decisions
- Composition of a standard research dossier
- Terms and obligations after approval
The Introductory WMO GCP course is the ideal introduction to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and the submission of clinical research files in the Netherlands. It gives you the tools you need to compose the standard research file, how to submit the files to the ethical review committee, and any conditions and obligations you are facing after approval.
This course is specifically tailored to the requirements of the Dutch regulatory framework (WMO) and helps anyone involved in the submission phase of clinical trials in the Netherlands. It is an ideal introductory course for sponsor and CRO staff, clinical trial assistants, and research coordinators.
- Efficient and interactive online learning
- Easy accessible via smartphone, tablet or desktop
- Self-paced and modular
The course consists of 2 online training modules: introduction and Submission of a clinical trial. It represents a total workload of 2 hours. The modules are divided into chapters of 10 minutes and consist of the guidelines which apply to clinical trials in the Netherlands, including the Declaration of Helsinki, ICH GCP E6 Addendum R2, the EU Directives, and the WMO. If you require additional knowledge for the execution of other phases of the trial, you can easily add these modules by upgrading to an Expert online WMO GCP training package.
After you have completed all components of the Introductory GCP e-learning course, you will receive a Certificate.
All training courses include one-year access to the online training. With our continuous learning model, we will keep you up-to-date with changing regulations and guidelines.
Enroll now to get started with the online learning modules on your smartphone, tablet, or desktop computer.
- Introduction to medical research
- Types of clinical research (interventional, therapeutic, multi/single center)
- History of legislation and regulations clinical research (Code of Nuremberg, Declaration of Helsinki)
- The principles of ICH GCP incl. R2 Addendum
- Laws and regulation clinical research Europe (EU directives 2001 and 2005, EU Regulation 536/2014)
- Legal framework for clinical research in the Netherlands (WMO, WGBO, Wet BIG, AVG) and scope
- The roles in clinical research: sponsor, METC, competent authority CCMO or Ministry of Health (VWS), monitor, auditor, researcher, research professional
- Additional requirements for clinical trials of a medicinal product
- Phases of a clinical trial of a medicinal product
- Abbreviations and terminology in medical scientific research
- The process
- Visualization of the Local Feasibility procedure
- For which types of research does the VGO apply?
- The 4 steps of the Local Feasibility procedure
- Part A and Part B of the VGO
- Relationship between VGO and other documents
- The timelines of the Local Feasibility procedure
- Composition of standard research file
- Composition and procedure of the review committee (METC or CCMO)
- Review by an ethical review committee
- Review by the competent authority: CCMO or Ministry of Health (VWS)
- Review timelines and submission of amendments
- Review process and approval
- Conditions and obligations after approval